Oven Fried Veggies We love vegetables from the garden. But during the end of some seasons the...
Chocolate Persimmon & Roasted Beet Autumn Salad With Blood Orange Vinaigrette By Melissa’s
by Nanny Bubby
Total Time:15 minutes
For the Salad
- 2 ripe Melissa’s Chocolate Persimmons
- 2 to 4 packages Melissa’s Steamed Baby Beets
- 1 small Melissa’s Organic Yam cut into ½ inch cubes, roasted
- Melissa’s Organic Spinach
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. pepitas
- ⅓ c. Melissa’s Pomegranate Arils
- 1 Melissa's Blood Orange peeled and sliced horizontally
For the dressing
- 1 Melissa’s Blood Orange zested and juiced
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Melissa's Shallot minced
- ¼ c. olive oil
- A pinch or two dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place spinach in a serving bowl and tuck slices of the persimmon around the spinach, then add the beets and roasted yam.
- Top with grated cheese, pepitas and pomegranate arils and slices of peeled blood orange.
- In a medium bowl, add the zest, juice, balsamic and shallot.
- While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil and mix until emulsified.
- Season to taste with thyme, salt and pepper and serve on the side.