Dry Fermenting Cabbage And Wet Fermenting Vegetables I first discovered fermenting from my...
Taco Mac N’ Cheese
I love comfort food during the fall. It is great for when the trick or treaters come home. They are cold and ready for a great warming meal. This is a one skillet meal, so it is a simpler recipe for the cook at home to pull together while multi-tasking between homework, or trick or treaters at the door, or football and whatever else comes about during a cool autumn night. Enjoy!
Total Time:35 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 cl. garlic minced.
- 1 lbs. 8/20 ground meat.
- 1 Tbsp. Nanny Bubby’s Taco Seasoning*
- 1 c. beef stock
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni cooked
- 6 oz. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Sour cream green onions, and avocado for garnish.
- In a large, heated cast iron skillet add the olive oil. As soon as it shimmers, add the onion and brown. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until it caramelizes and brown bits begin to form at the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic and sauté with the onion and paste for about 30 seconds. If the garlic begins to burn add a tablespoon of the beef broth to slow down the cooking.
- Add the meat to the skillet. Stirring frequently while breaking up the ground meat with a wooden spoon or spatula, brown the meat about 7-9 minutes.
- Add Nanny Bubby’s Taco Seasoning* to the meat and combine evenly coating the meat well.
- Add the beef stock and bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Combine the elbow macaroni into the sauce and combine well.
- Sprinkle the top heavily with the cheddar cheese and garnish with sour cream, green onions, and avocado.
- Serve right out of the skillet along with traditional taco shells, jicama taco shells, or Cheese Keto taco shells.