Green Smoothie for Kids My daughter and son-in-law started my granddaughter (my little “Doll...
Chili Pistachio Pesto
I love pesto and I love this pesto recipe. Here’s why: Sometimes if you are having a lot of dairy in your main course, dairy in an appetizer is just overwhelming. One family meal I was serving Caprese Salad, Eggplant Parmesan as a main course, and Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. Way too much dairy. I had already decided to make a pesto crostini for appetizer but the thought of more dairy was just way too much. Probably all the other dairy was way too much at one meal, too, but it was too late. My fix? I left the parmesan out and discovered a pesto that is great for fish, meat and crostini, even pasta. Hope you love it as much as we do, and the chili flavored pistachios are a home run.
Total Time:15 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or ½ tsp. fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ c. basil chopped
- ½ c. chili roasted pistachio nuts you can find them at Whole Foods or Costco
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- In a food processor (Cuisinart works best but use what you have), combine all of the ingredients except the oil and blend until everything is fully chopped and combined.
- While the blender is running, slowly pour the oil through the food tube and watch it all come together.
- That’s all there is to it. Enjoy!
Tip: This makes a great topping for a mild white fish.