Oven Fried Veggies We love vegetables from the garden. But during the end of some seasons the...
Chocolate Persimmon & Roasted Beet Autumn Salad With Blood Orange Vinaigrette By Melissa’s
by Nanny Bubby
This Autumn salad developed by Melissa’s own Corporate Chef is a beautiful winner for the fall holidays. Fresh but warming colors that light up the eyes and the taste buds. This salad for sure has the colors and flavors of Autumn. Enjoy! For links to SHOP all ingredients at Melissas.com CLICK HERE
Total Time:15 minutes
For the Salad
- 2 ripe Melissa’s Chocolate Persimmons
- 2 to 4 packages Melissa’s Steamed Baby Beets
- 1 small Melissa’s Organic Yam cut into ½ inch cubes, roasted
- Melissa’s Organic Spinach
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. pepitas
- ⅓ c. Melissa’s Pomegranate Arils
- 1 Melissa's Blood Orange peeled and sliced horizontally
For the dressing
- 1 Melissa’s Blood Orange zested and juiced
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Melissa's Shallot minced
- ¼ c. olive oil
- A pinch or two dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place spinach in a serving bowl and tuck slices of the persimmon around the spinach, then add the beets and roasted yam.
- Top with grated cheese, pepitas and pomegranate arils and slices of peeled blood orange.
- In a medium bowl, add the zest, juice, balsamic and shallot.
- While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil and mix until emulsified.
- Season to taste with thyme, salt and pepper and serve on the side.
Click Here and Shop these ingredients directly at Melissa's.com To make serving day a bit easier, cut all ingredients no more than one day ahead of time and store separately. Salad dressing may be made up to two days ahead and well-shaken prior to dressing salad. Enjoy!