Chicken Crepes This is an old 70s recipe that was given to me years ago by my college roommate. I...
Ricotta Meatballs (Gluten Free)
by Nanny Bubby
During the COVID shut down in April 2020, it was my sister’s birthday. My dad, who has been in the restaurant business most of his life, has had a marvelous woman, Pat Rost, working for him for the last 45 years. She is Italian and makes the best food. The four of us got together to celebrate my sister’s birthday and Pat cooked. We were all excited because she makes fantastic meatballs. But she surprised us and said she had made a different kind of meatball. We were disappointed when we heard this until we bit into it! It was the most delicious meatball I have ever tasted. Thankfully, she shared the recipe with me. Here it is, Enjoy!
Total Time:1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 lbs. ground beef 85%-15% meat to fat ratio
- 30 oz. whole-milk ricotta cheese rested in sieve in fridge for 2 hours to release some of the juices
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint minced
- 12 leaves fresh basil cut into chiffonade
- ¼ c. grated parmesan
- 3 large eggs room temperature lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara sauce Rao’s brand preferred
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, garlic, parsley, mint, eggs, ricotta, parmesan and ricotta cheese and lightly mix with fork.
- Let mixture sit in the fridge for one hour.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make perfect shaped and consistent sized meatballs. This will help to ensure all meatballs cook evenly.
- Place meatballs on a sheet pan and place into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once cooked immerse in warm marinara sauce for about 7 minutes and serve. Enjoy!