Halloween Mac N’ Cheese I love the autumn. Living in Las Vegas my whole life there was always a...
Ojai Pixie Tangerine Salad
by Nanny Bubby
Total Time:30 minutes
- 2 Ojai Pixie Tangerines peeled and each section cut in thirds
- 1 ripe and fresh avocado diced
- 1 watermelon radish grated
- Peeled and roasted baby red beets cut in 1” cubes
- 2 c. Arugula
- ½ c. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh minced chives
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 c. tangerine juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. Blood orange olive oil or regular olive oil
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Spread the beets in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven, turning halfway through, until slightly browned; about 5 minutes, total, then let cool.
- Grate the watermelon radish in a food processor fitted with the grating blade or cut by hand into match sticks
- Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette at the bottom of the salad bowl.
- Add the arugula first. Then add the beets, avocado, feta cheese and tangerine sections on top of the arugula and then toss coating the full salad with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle and garnish with the chives.