Thanksgiving Cheese Ball I love the Autumn. In Las Vegas the best months of the year are...
Donnie’s Amazing Mac ‘N Cheese
by Nanny Bubby
Total Time:1 hour
- 1 lb. Penne Pasta
- 2 ¼ c. milk you can use 2% if you prefer
- 8 Tbsp. flour
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 oz. mascarpone
- 4 oz. parmesan
- 8 oz. shredded sharp white cheddar
- 8 oz. shredded sharp yellow cheddar for top
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare pasta to directions on the box.
- In separate 2 qt. pan melt butter on medium heat. Stir in flour and whisk constantly to blend with melted butter. When flour is completely included, slowly stir in the milk while whisking all the time. Make sure there are no clumps & everything is becoming silky smooth.
- After milk is totally incorporated add the mascarpone, parmesan & white cheddar while stirring to maintain consistency. Reduce heat to low. Add black pepper & nutmeg. Stir for 2 more minutes then turn off heat.
- Add drained pasta & stir to coat completely.
- Empty pasta into 9 X 12 dish.
- Use ½ of sharp cheddar to cover top & bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- When hot & bubbly pull out & cover the top with the remaining cheddar cheese then top broil for 2-3 minutes until it looks just right to you. Watch it closely as broil happens quickly!
- Cool & enjoy!