by Nanny Bubby
I love a great pasta salad. I love it at an outdoor barbeque or at a Sunday sports party. It is so inviting. To me it feels like love in a bowl. Everyone enjoys it – kids and adults alike. Hope you think so too. Enjoy!
Total Time:1 hour
- 1 lb. rotini curly pasta
- 1 English cucumber cut lengthwise and seeded, then chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 heirloom or beefsteak tomato seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions minced white and green parts
- 1 bell pepper red, yellow, or orange, chopped in ½-inch pieces
- ¼ c. basil minced (reserve 1 Tbsp. for garnishing the top before serving)
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seed
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- For the Salad Dressing:
- ½ c. EVOO
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. Herbs de Provence
- Prepare the Rotini pasta per directions on package but cook one minute less than package directions.
- Chop all of the necessary vegetables and then combine pasta and all ingredients in one large bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing and poor liberally onto the salad mixture and toss. This can be done an hour before serving and placed back into the refrigerator.
Tip: If you do place it back in the fridge before serving, when you take it out reserve a good ¼ C. of dressing to re-toss the salad with as the pasta will absorb the dressing while resting a bit too much and it will taste slightly dry. Once you add the other dressing it springs right back.