Savory Crescent Appetizer
by Nanny Bubby
If you are wanting to learn to cook, but don’t know where to start, start with appetizers. I cook because I LOVE people, not because I love food. Appetizers and drinks are a great way to begin your cooking knowledge and bring people together. Teach yourself to make a few appetizers and invite those you enjoy for drinks and apps before you go out for dinner, or just order-in from there. If you just teach yourself to start somewhere in the cooking process, the rest will fall into place! Enjoy! Appetizers make, “Spreading Love Like Butter”, so easy!
Total Time:30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°
- 1 container refrigerated Crescent dough. I prefer Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1 onion diced (sweet yellow or red)
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 stick melted salted butter
- After opening the container of crescent rolls, divide the dough into the pre-cut triangles. Combine the melted butter and garlic powder.
- Dip each triangle into the melted butter and then spoon 1 tsp. of onion into the top 1/3 of the wide side of the triangle. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and then roll the triangle from the wide side to the pointed side.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle again with the parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven for approximately 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown depending on your oven. Slice in thirds. Eat and enjoy!