Kale Salad My husband and I return every year to the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel for our anniversary. We...
Vegan Southwest Salad In A Jar
by Nanny Bubby
- ¼ Red Cabbage shredded
- ½ c. Green Beans Blanched
- 1 c. corn when in season May-September
- 1 c. Cherry Heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 1 c. black beans rinsed
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ c. Jicama chopped
- 1 c. Romaine lettuce chopped.
- 2/3 c. Avocado Mayonnaise
- ¼ c. raw whole cashews soaked for 2 hours
- ¼ c. chipotles in adobo sauce from a can
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. Sweet paprika
- Prepare ingredients including the dressing and have each item ready for layering. Place about a quarter cup of the dressing at the bottom of a mason jar. Layer each vegetable into the jar in the order listed in the ingredients list with the Romaine being the last item you place into the jar on top.
- To eat shake until dressing is absorbed into the full salad or just dump upside down and the items will all layer on top of the Romaine.