Oven Fried Veggies We love vegetables from the garden. But during the end of some seasons the...
I love a great pasta salad. I love it at an outdoor barbeque or at a Sunday sports party. It is so inviting. To me it feels like love in a bowl. Everyone enjoys it – kids and adults alike. Hope you think so too. Enjoy!
Total Time:1 hour
- 1 lb. rotini curly pasta
- 1 English cucumber cut lengthwise and seeded, then chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 heirloom or beefsteak tomato seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions minced white and green parts
- 1 bell pepper red, yellow, or orange, chopped in ½-inch pieces
- ¼ c. basil minced (reserve 1 Tbsp. for garnishing the top before serving)
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seed
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- For the Salad Dressing:
- ½ c. EVOO
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. Herbs de Provence
- Prepare the Rotini pasta per directions on package but cook one minute less than package directions.
- Chop all of the necessary vegetables and then combine pasta and all ingredients in one large bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing and poor liberally onto the salad mixture and toss. This can be done an hour before serving and placed back into the refrigerator.
Tip: If you do place it back in the fridge before serving, when you take it out reserve a good ¼ C. of dressing to re-toss the salad with as the pasta will absorb the dressing while resting a bit too much and it will taste slightly dry. Once you add the other dressing it springs right back.
Ricotta Meatballs – Gluten Free
Ricotta Meatballs (Gluten Free) During the COVID shut down in April 2020, it was my sister’s...
Savory Crescent Appetizer
Savory Crescent Appetizer If you are wanting to learn to cook, but don’t know where to start,...