Cranberry Relish with Grand Marnier Old Family recipe: by Tanya Murray Heath Thanksgiving is my...
Sheet Pan Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage Apples, Herbs And Vegetables
by Nanny Bubby
Total Time:1 hour
- 1 lb. halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 large butternut squash
- ½ small red apple sliced thin
- ½ small green apple sliced thin
- 1 small thinly sliced red onion
- 6 small heirloom carrots sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 zucchini sliced lengthwise in quarters and cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ c. good olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 8 chicken sweet Italian sausages
- Handful of fresh thyme leaves and stems
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Apple Cider & Mustard Vinaigrette recipe below
- Tip: Steam the Brussel sprouts or microwave them for 2 minutes prior to putting them on the sheet pan; they roast easier that way.
- Apple Cider & Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Amber Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped dill
- 1 small minced shallot
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a rimmed sheet plan lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper, toss the Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, zucchini, carrots, onion, apples, and sausage together with the oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the fresh thyme leaves and place into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Toss the ingredients and then rotate the pan and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Pour the vinaigrette evenly over the sheet pan and toss and place into a serving platter sprinkled with more fresh thyme sprigs.