Kale Salad My husband and I return every year to the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel for our anniversary. We...
Thanksgiving Butter Board
by Nanny Bubby
Total Time:20 minutes
- 1 lb. butter
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 4-6 dollops of fig preserves or jam
- A handful of chopped Marcona Almonds
- 1/4 c. pomegranate seeds
- A large sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- 6-8 sage leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp. diced small rosemary and thyme leaves
- Edible flowers chopped
On the side for the scooping:
- Sliced pears
- Sliced radishes preferably watermelon radishes
- Sea salt crackers
- Fresh whole wheat bread sliced thick and toasted
- Bring the butter to room temperature. Using an offset spatula, spread the butter evenly and thickly over the board. Using the nose of the spatula make divots in a row and then divot in between each divot on the next row alternating all the way down the board you are using.
- Next add the fig Jam into the divots in about every 5 butter divots unevenly throughout the board. Drizzle on the honey. Sprinkle the almonds and pomegranate seeds evenly over the butter. Next sprinkle generously with sea salt
- In the Autumn I use sage leaves, but in the summer, you could use basil or mint. Sprinkle the diced rosemary and thyme. Finish with edible flowers.
- Place all your dipping crackers and fruit and veggies on the side for your enjoyment!