Kale Salad My husband and I return every year to the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel for our anniversary. We...
Stuffed Squash Blossoms
I had never prepared or even eaten Zucchini Blossoms before. I love that my cooking coach came to my rescue and said let's do it together. We created this recipe from a combined experience of tastes and experience! It is always such a joy for me to cook with her. I hope you enjoy it too!
Total Time:45 minutes
For the Filling
- 1 c. ricotta
- 1/2 anchovy fillet
- 1 tsp. dried and crumbled oregano
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
For the zucchini Blossoms
- Blood Orange Olive oil for frying
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 12 oz. chilled club soda or perrier
- Zucchini blossoms stamens removed; about 12-16
- Sea Salt
- To fill about 16, combine ricotta, oregano, and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a spoon, fill each blossom with about 1 tbs. ricotta mixture.
- In a large pot, heat about 2'' oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 360°-375°.
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl, then whisk in club soda until almost smooth (some small lumps are welcome-don't overwhisk or you'll deflate the batter).
- One by one, dredge the blossoms in batter, shaking of the excess; gently lay them in the oil, without crowding the pan.
- Cook, flipping once with a slotted spoon, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes total.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and devour while hot.