Vegan Southwest Salad In A Jar
- ¼ Red Cabbage shredded
- ½ c. Green Beans Blanched
- 1 c. corn when in season May-September
- 1 c. Cherry Heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 1 c. black beans rinsed
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ c. Jicama chopped
- 1 c. Romaine lettuce chopped.
- 2/3 c. Avocado Mayonnaise
- ¼ c. raw whole cashews soaked for 2 hours
- ¼ c. chipotles in adobo sauce from a can
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. Sweet paprika
- Prepare ingredients including the dressing and have each item ready for layering. Place about a quarter cup of the dressing at the bottom of a mason jar. Layer each vegetable into the jar in the order listed in the ingredients list with the Romaine being the last item you place into the jar on top.
- To eat shake until dressing is absorbed into the full salad or just dump upside down and the items will all layer on top of the Romaine.
Kale Salad My husband and I return every year to the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel for our anniversary. We...
Nanny Bubby’s Matzo Balls
Nanny Bubby's Matzo Balls My daughter is a vegetarian, so she won’t eat chicken soup. Naturally, I...
Taco Mac N’ Cheese
Taco Mac N’ Cheese I love comfort food during the fall. It is great for when the trick or treaters...