This is an old 70s recipe that was given to me years ago by my college roommate. I don’t ever remember making it with her in our apartment, but I suspect that when I visited her home her mother made this for me, and I fell in love with it. When I got married and first began entertaining, I used this recipe over and over again. It was the only thing I could cook, and as long as whoever was coming had never eaten it before, it was my go-to recipe. All these years later, it is still a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
Total Time:1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts and thigh combination
- 1 ½ c. chicken stock
- 1 sweet yellow onion diced
- ¼ c. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. Half & Half
- 1 Tbs. curry
- 1 c. raisins
- Entrée Crepe Ingredients
- 1 c. whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c. flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Directions for the Curried Chicken:
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and place in a Pyrex dish with chicken stock. Cover tightly and bake for one hour.
- Sauté the onion in the butter and add the flour. Stir with a wooden or silicone spoon until smooth.
- Add the Half & Half slowly and stir until it begins to thicken. Add the curry and raisins off the heat.
- Set aside about 1/4 of the sauce. Once the chicken has cooled shred and add the chicken into the rest of the sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Direction for the Entrée Crepes:
- Combine the milk, eggs and flour and mix well. Let the batter stand 30 minutes before frying.
- Using either a crepe maker or a 6-inch sauté pan, spray with avocado oil and place a thin coat of crepe mixture in the pan. Turn when bubbling like a pancake the whole process should take no more than three minutes per crepe.
- Combining and Rolling
- Place about 2 Tbsp. of the curry chicken mixture onto a crepe and roll. Place each rolled crepe into a large baking dish and, when the dish is full, cover with the remaining sauce.
- Tip: At this point the crepes can be covered and refrigerated as a make ahead dish. When ready to reheat, place in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with raisins and parsley for color.
Green Smoothie For Kids
Green Smoothie for Kids My daughter and son-in-law started my granddaughter (my little “Doll...
Creamy One-Pot Mac N’ Cheese
Creamy One-Pot Mac N’ Cheese I feel like my favorite and my kids’ favorite Mac N’ Cheese was...
Chili Pistachio Pesto
Chili Pistachio Pesto I love pesto and I love this pesto recipe. Here’s why: Sometimes if you are...