8 – 10
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to tasteSALAD:
- 2 bags (5 ounces each) fresh baby spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered (3 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Fresh Mozzarella cheese – Ciliegine (cherry-sized balls), drained and each ball cut in half
- 1 package (16 ounces) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Fresh Mozzarella cheese – Log
- Fresh basil leaves
Heat oven to 425°F.
Shred 1/4 c parmesan. Finely shred remaining parmesan.
Melt butter in a heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 20-25 minutes longer or until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Gradually stir in cream. Bring just to a boil; cook and stir until cream is reduced and thickened. Remove from the heat.
Stir in shredded parmesan until melted; set aside.
Heat oven to 425°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll out pastry to a 15 x 10-inch rectangle.
Place pastry in prepared pan. Score a 1/2-inch border on edges of pastry with sharp knife. Prick pastry with a fork.
Spoon reserved onion mixture to edges of scored pastry. Arrange asparagus and tomatoes on top.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Sprinkle with finely shredded parmesan. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with lemon zest just before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Since I was a kid, every spring break I can remember we always went to Disneyland. When my...