Fruit Roll-ups 1 ½ lbs. about 5 C. any fruit of choice, especially stone fruit, all of it pitted.2...
Cranberry Relish with Grand Marnier
by Nanny Bubby
Old Family recipe: by Tanya Murray Heath Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday of the year. It brings me such joy. There are so many recipes that are just cooked once a year for this happy and peaceful holiday. This one is one of my very favorites, and I always make enough to freeze for recipes during the year. This one comes from my dear friend, Tanya Murray Heath. As she says, “it has been in our family and on our table for as far back as I can remember.” We both hope it will have a permanent place on your table as well. Enjoy! “Spread Love Like Butter”
- 3 tart apples Granny Smith or Pippen Peeled, cored and diced
- 2 slightly ripe pears Peeled Cored and diced
- 2 lbs. fresh cranberries
- 1 c. golden raisins
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated orange rind
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- Mix together all ingredients except Grand Marnier in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes until thick.
- Stir in Grand Marnier, let cool to room temperature and refrigerate covered until serving time.
- This is always served at Thanksgiving and is best if made the day before.