A warm wellness drink to help you weather the cold and flu season!
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated turmeric packed or 1/2 tsp ground, though fresh is best
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger packed or 1/2 tsp ground, though fresh is best
- 1 whole lemon juiced 3 Tbsp or 45 ml juice plus leftover rind
- 1-2 tbs. raw honey
- 1 pinch. cayenne pepper optional or cracked black pepper
- 3 c. filtered water
- To a small saucepan add turmeric, ginger, lemon juice and leftover lemon rind, honey, cayenne (optional), and filtered water.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil) over medium to medium-high heat (5 minutes). Then turn off heat. Set a small strainer over mug and pour, should be 2 portions. If the tonic is too potent for you, dilute with more hot/warm water. Store (strained) leftovers in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days.
- Reheat on the stovetop until just warm.
Sea Bass "Puttanesca" from Food Network Salt6 anchovy fillets in oil1/2 c. white wineOne 24-oz jar...
Simply Delicious Brisket At a Jewish Food Festival I came across the most delicious flavor of...