by Nanny Bubby
Recipe Adapted From Barefoot Contessa whom I love and adore! It was her daily show on The Food Network that opened my eyes to how beautiful cooking for those you love is. I credit her with touching my soul and showing me what is possible. I will always love her for that! She definitely, "Spreads Love Like Butter". Enjoy!
Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 package frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry defrosted
- 1/4 c. store bought pesto
- 1/2 c. crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 c. finely chopped sundried tomatoes in oil drained
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
- Kosher salt
- Lightly flour a board and carefully unfold one sheet of puff pastry. Roll the pastry lightly with a rolling pin until it’s 9 1/2 by 11 1/2-inches. Spread the sheet of puff pastry with half the pesto, then sprinkle with half the goat cheese, half the sundried tomatoes, and half the pine nuts. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Working from the short ends, fold each end halfway to the center. Then fold each side again towards the center until the folded edges almost touch. Fold one side over the other and press lightly. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat the entire instructions for the second sheet of puff pastry using the remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the prepared rolls of puff pastry in 1/4 inch thick slices and place them face up 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 14 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.