- 1 ½ lbs. about 5 C. any fruit of choice, especially stone fruit, all of it pitted.
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. honey
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees or dehydrate in the sun.
- Line a half sheet baking pan with either a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor add the fruit and begin to puree. While pureeing add the lemon juice and honey through the food tube.
- Pour the pureed fruit onto the baking sheet and evenly cover the entire pan.
- At this point, you can place the pan into the oven for 5 to 6 hours, rotating the pan halfway through the drying process. You will know to remove the pan from the oven when the mixture is no longer sticky.
- Tip: If you wish to dry in the sun, place a piece of parchment and then a towel over the pan to avoid bugs. Leave in the sun for 5 to 6 hours or until the fruit leather is no longer sticky.
- Allow the pan to cool completely. If you used a Silpat, peel it away from the baking mat and place the fruit leather on a large piece of wax paper. Cut in long strips with a pizza cutter and roll up with the wax paper still attached to the bottom. Eat and enjoy!