Thanksgiving Cheese Ball
by Nanny Bubby
I love the Autumn. In Las Vegas the best months of the year are September, October and November. It is cool and beautiful and everyone comes outside, finally, after a long hot summer. I use this recipe for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a minor Jewish Holiday called Sukkot, which usually falls in October. Any excuse to celebrate the Autumn, harvest moons and cooler nights – I am ready! Enjoy!
Total Time:30 minutes
- 3 c. orange cheese puffs
- 2 lbs. cream cheese at room temperature (softened)
- 3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. chives chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper with a long stem that looks like a pumpkin
- crackers for serving
- Put the cheese puffs in a food processor and process until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow plate.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chives, parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Mold the mixture into a ball, pressing the top of the ball with your hand to flatten it.
- With the flat side of your thumb, carve lines down the sides of the ball to resemble a pumpkin.
- Roll the cheese ball in the ground cheese puffs.
- Remove the entire bell pepper stem with a paring knife and put it on top of the cheeseball as the pumpkin stem. Seed and slice the bell pepper.
- Serve the cheeseball on a plate with crackers and slices of bell pepper. Enjoy!