Green Smoothie for Kids
My daughter and son-in-law started my granddaughter (my little “Doll Face”) on green smoothies when she first started to eat lots of vegetables. I couldn’t believe it, but with no judgment about green vegetables at one-year old, she loved it. This is my daughter’s recipe, which I have also used for myself. You can change up the ingredients to your liking.
Total Time:7 minutes
- 1 handful of chopped kale with the spine removed
- 1 handful of spinach
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 apple cored with skin on
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 ½ to 2 c. almond milk or coconut water
- Optional: 5 ice cubes if banana is not frozen
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend till smooth. Pour into a cup with a straw and tight screw on top to avoid unnecessary spills.
- Tip: Keep this one in the kitchen. From experience, this one is hard to clean off the family room couch!
Stuffed Squash Blossoms I had never prepared or even eaten Zucchini Blossoms before. I love that...
Holiday Trifle When I was about 10 years old my Aunt Irene began to invite us to her home along...