Piero's Creamed Corn
by Nanny Bubby
This recipe comes straight from my Dad’s world famous restaurant, Piero’s Italian Cuisine. It is a coveted side dish that comes complements of the chef with every meal. It is decadent and flavorful and I LOVE it! It is our most favorite Thanksgiving side dish. Enjoy!
Total Time:40 minutes
- 2 1/2 lbs. bag frozen kernel corn
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 oz. melted butter
- 1 ½ oz flour
- Combine all ingredients except (butter & flour) bring all to boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend butter with flour and make a roux, add to corn, mix well, remove from heat.
- Put finished corn in a heatproof casserole, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and place under broiler until evenly browned.
- If making ahead: after refrigerating the day ahead, bake at 350 ° for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and then add the parmesan cheese and broil till browned.