This recipe was shared by one of our gatherers in our “Gather with Nanny Bubby” Facebook group. It was so beautiful, and so delightfully easy and fun to make, I had to make it myself. I give her complete credit, Roseanne Heideman is amazingly artistic both with food and with art. Enjoy this amazing appetizer!
- 24 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (I used Temecula Fresh Apple balsamic vinegar)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used Temecula D’luscious Fresh Lemon olive oil)
- kosher salt
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese wax removed, cut into 24 cubes
- 48 grapes plus a vine of grapes for the center garnish
Prepare the rosemary sprigs by stripping the springs of needles on the bottom half where you will be putting the cheese and grapes later. Set rosemary needles to the side as you will use some in the marinade.
Mince enough rosemary needles to measure about 1/2 cup.
Create the cheese marinade by adding minced rosemary, red pepper flakes, white balsamic, oil and salt to taste in a bowl. Whisk until combined and add the cheese. Let chill in a ziploc bag or in a covered bowl for 4 hours or overnight, mixing halfway through to help the cheese absorb the flavors.
Assemble the skewers by adding a grape, then marinaded cheese, then a grape to each skewer. Assemble on a serving platter and enjoy! It is best at room temperature.
Since I was a kid, every spring break I can remember we always went to Disneyland. When my...