by Nanny Bubby
Recently joined Alice Waters Master Class. I was so delighted to watch her passion and joy when just touching the beauty of what the earth provides. She coined the term “farm to table” and everything she serves is in season and very, very earthy. Her gratitude and appreciation for what grows, put a smile on my face while watching and occasionally a misty eye from the beauty of her sincere passion and care she took with each beautiful item she prepared. Her food is simple, each item comes from the ground, each herb specially cared for as it goes into the dish. This fruit compote originated with her and I have adapted it to the season. Enjoy!
Total Time:30 minutes
- 1 Red pear
- 1 Anjou pear
- 1 Bosc pear
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 pt. raspberries
- 1 handful mint
- 3 Tbs. Jam or marmalade of your choice room temperature
- 2 Navel oranges juiced.
- Gradually add the fresh squeezed orange juice to the jam whisking as you go. Be careful not to add too much juice at one time or the jam will become lumpy.
- Slice all of the fruit in thin wedges about ¼ inch thick and then slice about half of those wedges in half so you have varying sizes in the bowl.
- Mince the mint for sprinkling on top of the compote.
- Drizzle the orange juice/jam mixture over the top of the compote and toss. Sprinkle with the mint and serve.