I love a great Risotto. It is so universally delicious, and you can use it by adding anything you desire. I have made it with frozen asparagus and frozen peas and any frozen vegetables, also with any leftover vegetables at the end of the week, or I have made it by adding leftover meats. Use your creativity, instincts and be intuitive and it will turn out great every time. Enjoy!!!
Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. good olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 c. chopped leeks white and light green parts (2 leeks)
- 1 c. chopped fennel
- 1 1/2 c. Arborio rice
- 2/3 c. dry white wine
- 4 to 5 c. simmering vegetable stock preferably homemade
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest 2 lemons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 c. mascarpone cheese preferably Italian
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan plus extra for serving
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh chives plus extra for serving
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and fennel and saute for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender. Add the rice and stir for a minute to coat with the vegetables, oil, and butter.
- Add the white wine and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until most of the wine has been absorbed.
- Add the chicken stock, 2 ladles at a time, stirring almost constantly and waiting for the stock to be absorbed before adding more. This process should take 25 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk the lemon juice and mascarpone together in a small bowl.
- When the risotto is done, turn off the heat and stir in the mascarpone mixture plus the Parmesan cheese and chives.
- Set aside, off the heat, for a few minutes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve hot with a sprinkling of chives and more Parmesan cheese.
- Add any or all left over vegetables or meat from the week, anything your heart desires.
- Be creative.
Thanksgiving Butter Board
Thanksgiving Butter Board I love Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday. I love the traditions of...
Upside-Down Cranberry Apple Cornbread Cake
Upside-Down Cranberry Apple Cornbread Cake I love when the Autumn foods meet the winter foods, and...
Savory Crescent Appetizer
Savory Crescent Appetizer If you are wanting to learn to cook, but don’t know where to start,...