Roasted Vegetable Pasta
by Nanny Bubby
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes that I love to throw together when at the last minute I find out I am having the family drop by for dinner. I always can find vegetables in the house to roast, combined with pasta and my favorite mozzarella and smoked olive oil from the Temecula Olive Oil Company and we have ourselves a meal that is nutritious, has an ease of coming together and of course is memorable and delicious. Be sure to read my roasted veggies recipe to make the most delicious roasted vegetables to put into this dish. Enjoy!!!
Total Time:1 hour
- Roasted vegetables see Nanny Bubby Roasted Veggie recipe
- 1 lb. ziti or penne pasta
- 1 ½ jars arrabbiata sauce about 3 cups – store bought or homemade
- 1 ½ c. grated mozzarella
- 1-2 tsp. smoked olive oil
- 1 c. frozen peas thawed
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan for topping
- 2 Tbsp. butter cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 °
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add enough salt to have the water taste like the sea. This takes practice over time, but you will learn the right amount (it is more than you think). Add the pasta and cook for about 6 minutes. Since you will be cooking the pasta a second time in the oven, you want to make sure the pasta is al dente, (inside is still hard). Drain in a colander.
- Gently toss the mozzarella with the smoked olive oil to fit your smokey taste buds.
- Combine the roasted vegetables, arrabbiata sauce, cheese, peas, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Using a wooden spoon, gently mix, until all the pasta is coated with the sauce and the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the pasta into a greased 9 by 13-inch pan. Top with the Parmesan cheese and butter pieces. Bake until top is golden and cheese melts, about 25 minutes