Spring Asparagus-Parmesan Tart
by Nanny Bubby
Total Time:1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 oz. Sartori SarVecchio® Parmesan cheese divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter cubed
- 1 large sweet onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus spears trimmed and blanched
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Shred 1/4 c parmesan. Finely shred remaining parmesan.
- Melt butter in a heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 20-25 minutes longer or until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir in cream. Bring just to a boil; cook and stir until cream is reduced and thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in shredded parmesan until melted; set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll out pastry to a 15 x 10-inch rectangle.
- Place pastry in prepared pan. Score a 1/2-inch border on edges of pastry with sharp knife. Prick pastry with a fork.
- Spoon reserved onion mixture to edges of scored pastry. Arrange asparagus and tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with finely shredded parmesan. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest just before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Dry Fermenting Cabbage And Wet Fermenting Vegetables I first discovered fermenting from my...
Simply Delicious Brisket
Simply Delicious Brisket At a Jewish Food Festival I came across the most delicious flavor of...
Chili Pistachio Pesto
Chili Pistachio Pesto I love pesto and I love this pesto recipe. Here’s why: Sometimes if you are...