by Nanny Bubby
I never baked at all until I was in college. During my senior year I had a roommate who loved to cook. It seems like every Sunday morning I would wake up to the smell of fresh banana bread baking. This always welcomed our roommates out of bed to gather in the kitchen and discuss the previous night. Just smelling this banana bread brings back such “sweet” memories. This recipe was written on a note card that I still have more than 47 years later. Complete each slice with a spread of room temperature butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top. Enjoy.
Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. sunflower oil
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 c. banana mashed about three bananas
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a glass bowl, combine the first four ingredients until well mixed.
- Add the bananas.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the ingredients into the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a pick comes out clean.