Halloween Mac N’ Cheese I love the autumn. Living in Las Vegas my whole life there was always a...
Piero’s Creamed Corn
This recipe comes straight from my Dad’s world famous restaurant, Piero’s Italian Cuisine. It is a coveted side dish that comes complements of the chef with every meal. It is decadent and flavorful and I LOVE it! It is our most favorite Thanksgiving side dish. Enjoy!
Total Time:40 minutes
- 2 1/2 lbs. bag frozen kernel corn
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 oz. melted butter
- 1 ½ oz flour
- Combine all ingredients except (butter & flour) bring all to boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend butter with flour and make a roux, add to corn, mix well, remove from heat.
- Put finished corn in a heatproof casserole, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and place under broiler until evenly browned.
- If making ahead: after refrigerating the day ahead, bake at 350 ° for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and then add the parmesan cheese and broil till browned.