Fresh Mozzarella-Strawberry Caprese Salad
Total Time:30 minutes
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp´. honey
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bags 5 ounces each fresh baby spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries hulled and quartered (3 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Fresh Mozzarella cheese – Ciliegine (cherry-sized balls), drained and each ball cut in half
- 1 package (16 ounces) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Fresh Mozzarella cheese – Log
- Fresh basil leaves
- Whisk balsamic vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine spinach and basil in a large bowl; toss with half of the vinaigrette.
- Place half of the spinach mixture in a serving bowl. Top with half of the strawberries, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella ciliegine.
- Drizzle with half of the remaining vinaigrette.
- Repeat layers, starting with the spinach mixture.
- Cut fresh mozzarella log lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cut slices with a bunny-shaped cookie cutter, about 2 inches.
- Garnish salad with bunnies and basil.
Kale Salad My husband and I return every year to the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel for our anniversary. We...
Holiday Trifle When I was about 10 years old my Aunt Irene began to invite us to her home along...