Grilled Peaches With Honey And Granola
by Nanny Bubby
I love stone fruit in the summer, especially nectarines. I rarely reach for peaches over nectarines, but this recipe would not be as good without a peach to accompany it. It looks like summer, smells like summer and tastes like summer! Enjoy!! Remember, "Spread Love Like Butter"
Total Time:25 minutes
- 4 peaches cut in half lengthwise and pitted
- 2-3 squirt avocado oil spray
- 2 Tbsp. Blood Orange Olive oil
- 1 qt. Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. local honey
- ½ c. granola homemade or store bought
- ½ c. chopped pistachio nuts.
- 8 to 10 fresh mint leaves
- Using a sharp knife, slice the peaches in half lengthwise. Twist the peach to remove the first half from the pit. Use a grapefruit spoon to wedge the stone pit out of the second half.
- Heat a griddle to about 425° and grease with avocado oil spray. While it is heating brush the blood orange olive oil onto the meat side of the peaches. Place meat side down onto the griddle and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes until the golden brown grill marks are evident on the meat.
- Transfer the peaches to a lovely serving plate and then dollop the vanilla flavored yogurt into the hole of each peach half. Drizzle the honey onto the yogurt and even onto the plate for décor. Sprinkle with the granola and add a fresh mint leaf to the top of each peach and chopped mint sprinkled over the plate. It will be beautiful!